Gender Equality and Health | 18.02.2018
CAREERS: Visiting Professor / Visiting Assistant Professor
- The Future Health Financing in Eastern and Southern Africa
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights
- Universal Health Coverage
- HIV Prevention
- Gender-based Violence and Health.
We are seeking to appoint two candidates from the list to engage in research likely to enhance HEARD’s ambition to become a National Research Foundation rated Centre of Excellence by 2020.
Successful candidates will:
- Hold a PhD in any area of Global Health
- Be a full Professor
- Have a demonstrable research profile at the highest level.
Successful candidates will be expected to pursue:
- A defined programme of research
- Co-author, with HEARD researchers, at least two articles in high-impact journals,
- Contribute to HEARD’s PhD Scholarship Programme.
We can offer a remuneration of up to USD$20.000, which can also be used to supplement existing funding sources (e.g. sabbaticals).
Applications should include:
- A CV
- The names and contact details of three referees
- A letter of application (2 pages), including a discussion of the research to be pursued
- Ideas related to the integration of the research theme into the main research areas of HEARD are also welcome.
Advantageous: Experience of Research Council grant acquisition will be highly valued.
Inquiries and applications by email are preferred. Applicants should submit, by February 26, 2018, to HEARDresearch@ukzn.ac.za.