Research Fellow Vacancy
HEARD is looking to appoint a suitably qualified person to lead the migrant and refugee research agenda under our
SRHR programme. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in qualitative research methods, and expertise in
women’s health, with a special focus on vulnerable populations and cross-cutting issues such as gender-based
violence. The post requires an analytical and critical thinker who is highly adept at working in cross-cultural
• A relevant PhD (Social Sciences, Applied Human Sciences, Development Studies).
• 1 year’s relevant research experience.
KEY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Advanced skills in qualitative research and analysis methods and tools.
• Knowledge of mix-methods research designs.
• Some quantitative experience an advantage.
• Academic writing skills.
• Project management skills.
• Previous experience in migrant and refugee research.
• Previous experience in GBV research.
• Previous experience in intersectional analytical approaches.
• Previous experience working with participatory research methods.
1. Participation in research and non-research projects: Work with the Programme Lead in developing
research/technical proposals and undertaking research/non-research projects in line with HEARD’s strategic
objectives under the SRHR programme.
2. Dissemination and utilization of evidence and knowledge.
3. HEARD capacity and profile building through internal and external activities
APPLICATIONS & QUERIES
• Closing date: Friday, 19th November 2021
• Only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be considered.
• Only applications on the provided application form will be considered, form
• Email application form/s and queries to Robyn-Lee Wagner – firstname.lastname@example.org (031 260 7837).
Should you not receive feedback within 2 weeks of the closing date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful