Education | 13.02.2019
Opportunity: Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
HEARD is looking to appoint post-doctoral research fellows on a two year fixed term contract subject to renewal based on performance and funding availability. The purpose is to enable the post-doctoral research fellow to engage in a period of uninterrupted research. Scholars are expected to engage in full-time post-doctoral studies in research at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, Durban, South Africa in their area of focus under the supervision of a senior research fellow. Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis, taking into account the applicant’s academic achievements.
- Financing and costing for SHRH/HIV programming
- Gender-based violence and implications for women’s and girls’ SRHR
- Innovative social/behavioural HIV prevention technologies and interventions in young populations
- Investments in SRHR and progress towards UHC
KEY REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION
- A PhD in a relevant discipline (economics, development studies, and other relevant social sciences) awarded within the last 5 years or recently submitted.
- Social and or behavioural research experience in relation to Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) and/ or HIV.
- Strong analytical and writing skills in English, demonstrated through peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Strong presentation skills, demonstrated through presentation of papers at conferences.
- Keen to work in collaboratively with other academics, NGO’s, students and target group organisations.
- Ability to develop networks and to engage with a range of stakeholders.
- Be based at HEARD for the duration of the scholarship.
- A driver’s license.
The following documents must accompany the application for a post-doctoral scholarship:
- Cover letter, not more than two pages long, motivating for post based research track record
- One publication over the last three years.
APPLICATIONS & QUERIES